Labels

Wednesday 17 September 2014

VT Beast weekend



It's almost here.

This weekend (September 20-21) will be the biggest race weekend for me so far. After last year's debacle (and allowing months for recovery & reflection) I signed up again for the Vermont Beast. Yes, I believe I'm crazy. To add fuel to this fire, the Canadian Mudd Queens toss out the idea to participate in the Spartan Charity Sprint. It's an event none of us have ever done before, plus it's a medal we don't have in our collections. But it's the Sunday following the Beast; are we going to be alive? I guess we all figured heck, let's do it! Even if it means pushing & dragging a teammate up the hills and crawling past the finish line.

There are two more days before this anticipated and what seems to be borderline terrifying weekend; somehow I am less angst-ridden than last year, but nonetheless, can we ever be completely prepared for this event? I know at the very least, my pack will be better stocked with electrolytes, gels and snacks, and I will start sipping/munching much earlier after the start.

Those 'Keep Calm & <insert random meme of the hour>' ideals aren't easy to abide by. I'm still trying to convince myself that I'll be fine once it starts, the Mudd Queens will support each other, no panic, no freak outs...but I'm still singing this song in my head.

As sung in the opening lines, "Heeeeelp!"
Wish me luck!....

*yes, I know the song is the mono version. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment